Julia's 1st TSL 641 Introduction !!😁

For your 1st blog posting please answer the following questions:

1. Introduce yourself.

Hi the
re, I am Nur Julia Natasya Binti Joey fromEDU 241/8B :) 

2. How would you rate yourself in terms of your computer skills? (e.g. expert, novice, savvy, geek, illiterate etc)

Though  I've been using computer for years but I only know how to surf the internet and only use the basic computer programmes like the microsoft word. Therefore,you can call me as a tech geek 😢. 
3. What computer software and hardware knowledge do you have?


I only know how to use basic Microsoft Office. :(


4. How do you think technology can assist learners learn a 2nd or a foreign language? (Do not Google the answer)

Honestly from my own experience, the generation these days rely so much on technology in pretty much everything including language. This has brings along the pros and cons in it. People can get an easy way to search and communicate through technology but the problem relies on the accuracy and appropriateness of the language. For instance, people today can google words that they don't know the meaning by using Google Translate. They might get the meaning of the word but the accuracy of certain words is not necessarily correct. 

5. Have you experienced learning via the computer (online courses, using courseware, websites etc)?


Yes since the university requires us to learn via online. I have experienced using open Learning, WebToon and other learning websites. 

6. Did you try to incorporate technology in some of your lessons during your practicum? Was it a success or a failure? If you did not, what was/were the reason(s)?


I did incorporate some but not that much since the school doesn't equipped with technology that much. Despite of the unfortunate condition, the lesson was still a success. 
7. What is your opinion/prediction/perception on the use of technology in language teaching and learning?


It is easier and more convenient for teaching and learning session as the materials and examples are easy to get. 

8 What do you hope to learn/gain from this course?


I hope that I can know more on how to create interactive websites for my future career. 
9. What is the topic chosen for your Academic Exercise? Why have you chosen the topic? Who is your supervisor?  How do you plan to complete your AE so that it follows the designated processes (chapter by chapter) and can be submitted on time?


I chose an ESL related topic for my AE and the reason behind it was because i want to know more about problems related to ESL. While as for my supervisor, I still didn't know who is my supervisor. since I changed my AE title from my previous one, I need to start early. Nonetheless, I will try my best to complete and finish my AE in time so that I can graduate on time. 

Comments

Post a Comment